IGHR has partnered with the UGA Center for Continuing Education & Hotel to provide pre-paid meal plans, which allow participants excellent opportunities to meet new people, exchange ideas, and network among a vibrant peer group. Meals will be provided in the Magnolia Ballroom within the conference center. To further promote networking, there will be two 30-minute food and beverage breaks for all attendees Monday through Thursday, and one 15-minute refreshment break Friday morning in the Kellogg Concourse on the second floor in front of rooms K and L. Additional tables and chairs will be available in room L.
The morning break will take place 10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. (Friday 9:15 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.) and will consist of Chef’s choice of food including such options as fresh fruit, breakfast breads, and other specialty items that vary daily; brewed hot coffee, hot tea, bottled water, hot chocolate, juice and soft drinks.
The afternoon break will take place 2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. and will consist of Chef’s choice of food including such options as fresh vegetables/dip, bakery selections, candy, snack mixes and other specialty items that vary daily; brewed hot coffee, hot tea, bottled water, hot chocolate, juice and soft drinks.
We encourage everyone to take advantage of pre-paid meal tickets. Dining at the conference center will be private so participants can visit with course attendees and relax without competing with other groups. It will also save time, allowing you to easily get back to class after lunch and to the on-site evening sessions after dinner without rushing through your meal. Attendees may also find the convenient meal plan provides time needed to take advantage of the research opportunities at the UGA Main Library.
Lunch will be served from 12:00 p.m – 1:30 p.m. and dinner will be served from 5:45 p.m. – 7:45 p.m. in the Magnolia Ballroom. Pre-paid meal tickets will be collected at the door. If you requested a special diet meal, you will place this ticket on your table for the wait staff to see. You will need to show them this special diet meal ticket for each meal. Attendees will use their name badge as a meal ticket for Thursday night’s group dinner. You will receive your pre-paid meal tickets during registration check-in.
Meal plan tickets may be purchased by clicking on the words “My Account" in the menu. (You must be logged in to see “My Account.") The IGHR 2020 deadline to order a meal ticket and to request a special diet meal is 6 July 2020 at 11:55 p.m. (Eastern Time).
Information about breakfast and other meals available through the on-site restaurants may be viewed at Dining Options on UGA’s Hotel & Conference Center website. However, IGHR cannot guarantee that the on-site restaurants will be able to handle a large group within the scheduled lunch period. Additional dining options, including campus dining halls and restaurants in Athens, may be found under FAQs – Dining – What are my other dining options in Athens?
2020 Meal Plan Tickets
(All meal tickets include tax, service charge, and beverage.)
- Lunch (4 lunch tickets – Monday through Thursday) $102.99
- Dinner (1 dinner ticket – Monday): $36.99
- Lunch (4 lunch tickets – Monday through Thursday): $102.99
- Dinner (1 dinner ticket – Monday): $36.99
- Reception (Sunday): $15.00 Note: Attendee Reception is included in the tuition price.
- Thursday Dinner Buffet: $36.99 Note: Attendee Thursday Dinner Buffet is included in the tuition price.
Dietary Restrictions: Click Special Diet Meals to complete the online form indicating your dietary restrictions.
2020 Meal Plan Menus
Lunch Buffets: (menus subject to change)
- Soups and Sandwiches*, salad, breads, desserts, beverages
- Herb Roasted Chicken, Meatloaf, salads, rice, vegetables and assorted sides, breads, dessert, beverages
- Meatloaf, Chicken & Dumplings, salad, vegetables and assorted sides, breads, dessert, beverages
- Create Your Own Loaded Baked Potato, salads, chili, desserts, beverages
*includes a vegetarian sandwich choice
Monday Dinner Buffet: (menu subject to change)
- BBQ Chicken, Beef Brisket, Pork Ribs, salads, vegetables and assorted sides, breads, desserts, beverages
Thursday Dinner Buffet (included with tuition; menu subject to change)
- Prime Rib, Shrimp Etouffee, Chicken and Andouille Jambalaya, salads, vegetables and assorted sides, bread, desserts, beverages