The Legal Genealogist, Judy G. Russell, is a genealogist with a law degree. She writes, teaches and lectures on a wide variety of genealogical topics, ranging from using court records in family history to understanding DNA testing. A Colorado native with roots deep in the American south on her mother’s side and entirely in Germany on her father’s side, she is a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists, the National Genealogical Society and numerous state and regional genealogical societies. She has written for the National Genealogical Society Quarterly and National Genealogical Society Magazine, among other publications. On the faculty of the Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research, the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy, the Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh, the Midwest African American Genealogy Institute, and the Genealogical Institute on Federal Records, she is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Board for Certification of Genealogists, from which she holds credentials as a Certified Genealogist and Certified Genealogical Lecturer. Her blog—chosen as one of the American Bar Association’s top 100 in 2013–2016—appears at The Legal Genealogist website (http://www.legalgenealogist.com).
IGHR 2017 Important Information
IGHR 2017 begins in 10 days and this year we will have 11 courses with over 270 attendees. We will also have two public events: 1) Family History and Genealogy Expo and 2) Evening Classes. Most important to make this a successful institute, we need volunteers to help greet people upon their arrival, assist expo vendors, promote IGHR and GGS at the expo by answering questions / selling books, helping with morning / afternoon breaks during the week, greet people for evening classes, etc. Now is your opportunity to get involved if you want to learn more about IGHR and network among fellow genealogists from all over the country.
IGHR Schedule Sunday, 23Jul17
- IGHR Registration Check-in: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm (Main Floor, Registration desk off Pecan Tree Gallery)
- FamilySearch Family History and Genealogy Expo: Noon – 5:00 pm (Main Floor, in Hill Atrium and Pecan Tree Gallery)
- Heritage Books Bookstore: Noon – 5:00 pm (Classroom K, Second Floor)
- IGHR Orientation: 5:00 – 6:30 pm (Mahler Auditorium)
- Low Country Boil Dinner: 6:30 – 8:30 pm (Outside Mahler Auditorium & included in registration fee)
IGHR Schedule Monday, 24Jul17
- IGHR Registration check-in for those driving in: 6:45 - 7:45 am
- Classes begin