Paul Milner is the course coordinator for the Scottish and English research tracks at IGHR. He is a native of northern England, a professional genealogist and lecturer. He is the co-author of A Genealogist's Guide to Discovering Your Scottish Ancestors: How to find and record your unique heritage (2002), and A Genealogist's Guide to Discovering Your English Ancestors: How to find and record your unique heritage (2000) both published by Betterway Books. Paul has specialized in British Isles genealogical research for 30 years. He was raised in England and settled in the United States in 1975. He holds an advanced degree in Theology and is particularly knowledgeable about the church and its role in record keeping. He speaks on a wide variety of topics relating to research in the British Isles and research methodology. Paul is currently the book review editor for the FGS FORUM and the BIGWILL newsletter, a board member of the Association of Professional Genealogists. He is the past-president of the British Interest Group of Wisconsin and Illinois (BIGWILL), and a past board member of the Federation of Genealogical Societies and the Genealogical Speakers Guild.
IGHR 2017 Important Information
IGHR 2017 begins in 10 days and this year we will have 11 courses with over 270 attendees. We will also have two public events: 1) Family History and Genealogy Expo and 2) Evening Classes. Most important to make this a successful institute, we need volunteers to help greet people upon their arrival, assist expo vendors, promote IGHR and GGS at the expo by answering questions / selling books, helping with morning / afternoon breaks during the week, greet people for evening classes, etc. Now is your opportunity to get involved if you want to learn more about IGHR and network among fellow genealogists from all over the country.
IGHR Schedule Sunday, 23Jul17
- IGHR Registration Check-in: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm (Main Floor, Registration desk off Pecan Tree Gallery)
- FamilySearch Family History and Genealogy Expo: Noon – 5:00 pm (Main Floor, in Hill Atrium and Pecan Tree Gallery)
- Heritage Books Bookstore: Noon – 5:00 pm (Classroom K, Second Floor)
- IGHR Orientation: 5:00 – 6:30 pm (Mahler Auditorium)
- Low Country Boil Dinner: 6:30 – 8:00 pm (Outside Mahler Auditorium & included in registration fee)
IGHR Schedule Monday, 24Jul17
- IGHR Registration check-in for those driving in: 6:45 - 7:45 am
- Classes begin