Rick Sayre, CG, CGL, FUGA, is a long-time researcher and instructor in genealogical topics. He coordinates the Understanding Land Records course at the Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research. He also instructs in the Advanced Methodology course, the Techniques and Technology course, the Advanced Military courses, and a variety of other IGHR courses. Rick and his wife Pam coordinate the advanced land course and Researching in Washington, DC, without Leaving Home offered by the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG) and the advanced land course at Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP). Rick co-coordinates with Judy Russell, JD, CG, CGL, the Law School for Genealogists at GRIP and the FHL Law Library course at SLIG. He also lectures at national conferences and presents nationwide seminars. His areas of expertise encompass records of the National Archives, the Bureau of Land Management, and the Daughters of the American Revolution, including military records, land records, using maps in genealogy, urban research, and government documents. Rick is experienced in the localities of western Pennsylvania and Ohio. Rick is also a trustee of the Board for Certification of Genealogists.
IGHR 2017 Important Information
IGHR 2017 begins in 10 days and this year we will have 11 courses with over 270 attendees. We will also have two public events: 1) Family History and Genealogy Expo and 2) Evening Classes. Most important to make this a successful institute, we need volunteers to help greet people upon their arrival, assist expo vendors, promote IGHR and GGS at the expo by answering questions / selling books, helping with morning / afternoon breaks during the week, greet people for evening classes, etc. Now is your opportunity to get involved if you want to learn more about IGHR and network among fellow genealogists from all over the country.
IGHR Schedule Sunday, 23Jul17
- IGHR Registration Check-in: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm (Main Floor, Registration desk off Pecan Tree Gallery)
- FamilySearch Family History and Genealogy Expo: Noon – 5:00 pm (Main Floor, in Hill Atrium and Pecan Tree Gallery)
- Heritage Books Bookstore: Noon – 5:00 pm (Classroom K, Second Floor)
- IGHR Orientation: 5:00 – 6:30 pm (Mahler Auditorium)
- Low Country Boil Dinner: 6:30 – 8:00 pm (Outside Mahler Auditorium & included in registration fee)
IGHR Schedule Monday, 24Jul17
- IGHR Registration check-in for those driving in: 6:45 - 7:45 am
- Classes begin