Melinda Kashuba holds a Ph.D. in Geography from the University of California, Los Angeles. She is a popular lecturer and author of Walking with Your Ancestors: a Genealogist’s Guide to Using Maps and Geography (Family Tree Books, 2005) plus numerous articles in genealogical magazines and other publications. She is an adjunct instructor in Geography at Shasta College and is the 2016 recipient of the Gerald C. Hayward Award for Excellence in Community College Teaching given by the California Community College Foundation. Her genealogical specialties include nineteenth and twentieth century American research and maps.
IGHR 2017 Important Information
IGHR 2017 begins in 10 days and this year we will have 11 courses with over 270 attendees. We will also have two public events: 1) Family History and Genealogy Expo and 2) Evening Classes. Most important to make this a successful institute, we need volunteers to help greet people upon their arrival, assist expo vendors, promote IGHR and GGS at the expo by answering questions / selling books, helping with morning / afternoon breaks during the week, greet people for evening classes, etc. Now is your opportunity to get involved if you want to learn more about IGHR and network among fellow genealogists from all over the country.
IGHR Schedule Sunday, 23Jul17
- IGHR Registration Check-in: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm (Main Floor, Registration desk off Pecan Tree Gallery)
- FamilySearch Family History and Genealogy Expo: Noon – 5:00 pm (Main Floor, in Hill Atrium and Pecan Tree Gallery)
- Heritage Books Bookstore: Noon – 5:00 pm (Classroom K, Second Floor)
- IGHR Orientation: 5:00 – 6:30 pm (Mahler Auditorium)
- Low Country Boil Dinner: 6:30 – 8:30 pm (Outside Mahler Auditorium & included in registration fee)
IGHR Schedule Monday, 24Jul17
- IGHR Registration check-in for those driving in: 6:45 - 7:45 am
- Classes begin