FamilySearch is sponsoring the FamilySearch Family History and Genealogy Expo at IGHR. The Expo will be a free, public event on Sunday 23 July 2017 from noon until 5:00 p.m. at the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel.
The purpose of the Expo is to:
- Create greater awareness of genealogical educational opportunities (including institutes) among the general public.
- Expose IGHR attendees to some of the societies and publishers in the region.
- Provide an opportunity for people who have purchased books by IGHR faculty to get the books signed.
- Create a mini conference exhibit hall atmosphere where the general public can come and ask questions about genealogy and genealogical resources.
There is room for 25-30 tables throughout the space. All tables will be on the main floor in Hill Atrium and Pecan Tree Gallery. This is a nice open area with views to the outside. There is free wi-fi throughout the space.
Vendors may register using the Vendor Registration Application. Applications will be processed in the order received.
Vendors should be historical or genealogical societies or companies; university presses; or an individual or group that sells products, software, or tools for genealogy.
The area for
Vendor Tables for Expo
Tables for nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations
- Tables with electrical power - $50.00 each
- Tables without power - $25.00 each
Tables for businesses and for profit organizations
- Tables with electrical power - $100.00 each
- Tables without power - $70.00 each
FamilySearch is the largest genealogical organization in the world. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the primary benefactor for FamilySearch services. The commitment of FamilySearch to help people connect with their ancestors is rooted in their beliefs—that families are meant to be central to our lives and that family relationships are intended to continue beyond this life.