Guests of UGA's hotel have multiple options available for exercise:
- The hotel's fitness center, located on the second floor, is equipped with treadmills, upright and elliptical bikes, an adjustable bench and workout mats.
- For a nominal fee, hotel guests can use the facilities of the nearby Ramsey Student Center, UGA's highly acclaimed student recreational and athletic facility. Larger than Sanford Stadium, the center includes gyms, swimming pools, a one-eighth-mile indoor track, racquetball and squash courts, full-length basketball courts, weight rooms, climbing and bouldering walls, and an indoor challenge course. The UGA hotel will provide courtesy shuttle service on request.
Athens is a walker's paradise; however, not a flat one. Design your own walking tour of the campus and downtown — gardens, museums, historic attractions, shopping, famous landmarks and more are all within a few miles of UGA's hotel!
- State Botanical Garden of Georgia.
- University of Georgia Special Collections Libraries and Exhibit Galleries.
- Georgia Museum of Art.
- Lyndon House Arts Center; Sandy Creek Nature Center, Historic Morton Theatre.
- UGA/Robert Trent Jones Golf Course.
- Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall and Sports Museum.
- Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s/Collegiate Tennis Hall of Fame.
- Ramsey Student Activities Center provides an indoor track, three swimming pools, enormous weight room, and racquetball courts. UGA Hotel conferees have special access as the Center is not open to the general public.
- Challenge Course (both low and high/ropes course) for team building exercises or just for fun.
- Indoor Rock Climbing Gym.
- Downtown Athens, home of a world renowned “music scene” including the B-52s, REM, and Widespread Panic.
- Eagle Tavern Museum in nearby Watkinsville built in 1801 and served as a stagecoach stop/trading post.
- Area historic districts featuring Antebellum, Victorian and other period homes. Tours and activities through the Athens Clarke Heritage Foundation.
- Kayaking on the Middle Oconee River.
- Multiple historic cemeteries – Brooklyn Cemetery, Gospel Pilgrim Cemetery, Jackson Street Cemetery aka Old Athens Cemetery (this one is near the bus stop at the UGA Main Library), & Oconee Hill Cemetery to name a few.