Prompt payment is expected. Cancellation of your online course reservation or failure to send payment postmarked by the third day after your course reservation will result in cancellation of your classroom seat and an assessment of a $25 administrative fee owed to Georgia Genealogical Society, which covers the costs incurred in taking your reservation. Cancellation of a course on the same day that you register for it incurs no fee. Cancellation refund requests must be received in writing no later than June 30, 2017 for the July 2017 institute. There are no refunds after June 30, 2017, for IGHR 2017. Any owed cancellation fees will be carried over to the next year.
IGHR 2017 Important Information
IGHR 2017 begins in 10 days and this year we will have 11 courses with over 270 attendees. We will also have two public events: 1) Family History and Genealogy Expo and 2) Evening Classes. Most important to make this a successful institute, we need volunteers to help greet people upon their arrival, assist expo vendors, promote IGHR and GGS at the expo by answering questions / selling books, helping with morning / afternoon breaks during the week, greet people for evening classes, etc. Now is your opportunity to get involved if you want to learn more about IGHR and network among fellow genealogists from all over the country.
IGHR Schedule Sunday, 23Jul17
- IGHR Registration Check-in: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm (Main Floor, Registration desk off Pecan Tree Gallery)
- FamilySearch Family History and Genealogy Expo: Noon – 5:00 pm (Main Floor, in Hill Atrium and Pecan Tree Gallery)
- Heritage Books Bookstore: Noon – 5:00 pm (Classroom K, Second Floor)
- IGHR Orientation: 5:00 – 6:30 pm (Mahler Auditorium)
- Low Country Boil Dinner: 6:30 – 8:30 pm (Outside Mahler Auditorium & included in registration fee)
IGHR Schedule Monday, 24Jul17
- IGHR Registration check-in for those driving in: 6:45 - 7:45 am
- Classes begin