Welcome to IGHR
Saturday, 2 June – Thursday, 7 June 2018
Registration Information for 2018
To register for a course, click IGHR 2018 - IGHR 2018 Courses.
Registration dates: Saturday, 13 January 2018 - Sunday, 6 May 2018
Tuition Options for all courses
- Early Bird tuition with discount: $560.00 (13 January 2018 thru 10 March 2018)
- Full tuition cost: $600.00 (11 March 2018 thru 6 May 2018)
- GGS Member tuition with discount: $550.00 (13 January 2018 thru 6 May 2018). Only one GGS member discount permitted per individual membership or family membership.
Attendees wishing to join GGS at the same time as registering for IGHR 2018:
- IGHR 2018 + GGS Individual Membership: $585.00 (13 January 2018 thru 6 May 2018)
- IGHR 2018 + GGS Family Membership: $590.00 (13 January 2018 thru 6 May 2018)
The Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research (IGHR) provides an educational forum for the discovery, critical evaluation, and use of genealogical sources and methodology through a week of intensive study led by nationally prominent genealogical educators. Students choose one course that lasts throughout the week. Topics range from a course for beginners to a variety of courses on specialized topics.
IGHR is hosted by the Georgia Genealogical Society with courses taking place at the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel on the University of Georgia Campus in historic Athens, Georgia. This new venue finally allows courses and accommodations to be under one roof. In addition to the advantages of the Georgia Center, attendees will also benefit from access to the world-class libraries of the University of Georgia including the law library and special collections libraries as well as the nearby Heritage Room at the Athens-Clarke County Library.
Begun in 1962, this academically and professionally oriented institute regularly enrolls over 200 students from around the country. Please click on the above menu for more information and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.